Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Worrying Husband - 09272009/1105H

It's 1105H, 09272009. Our cellphone batteries are dead; those that have charges cannot get signal from the provider. Only Smart has a signal. The last conversation our nanny had with Kristine was a 3 hours ago (and I was out observing our surroundings). According to the nanny, there was no indication that Tin is coming home. She did inform Tin that Caitlin's milk was running out fast.

I am worried that she might try to force her way home without considering the risks. I know she's much safer in the hospital than in the road. Besides, our place is still flooded - almost waist-deep. But the place near the second guard house must have higher water level than ours since it looks like the lowest area in our compound.

Before we had Caitlin, Tin could easily decide on tight situation. But when she became a mom, most of the time she would lose composure if Caitlin is involved. This is well understood from my side. And this is what I am worried about since she might panic and forget that there are several adults at home to take care of Caitlin.

I just hope that she gets home safe if ever she decides to.

1652H,
There's no sign of Kristine. The maids were not able to charge their phone outside, so there's no way we can contact her. I just hope she stayed in the hospital instead of trying to come home. I will know by tomorrow when I get to the office.

1716H
The maids told us that they had to walk to Ortigas bridge to find infant milk for my daughter. That's approx. 3 kilometers away from Cambridge. According to them, the country's President and Bayani Fernando were in the vicinity managing the disaster. A lot of people were crying while they were passing by.

This makes me more worried. Kristine might have forced her way in but got caught somewhere between UDMC and Cainta. My wife is not familiar with alternate routes going to our place. I just really hope that she's back in the hospital safe.

This is the only time that I resent her job that, I feel, doesn't see natural calamities as an valid reason not to report to the hospital.  Well, she had to report 2 weeks after our daughter was born due to similar practices in their department - she went through the knife and not via a natural birth process. I am sure this won't be the last of it.

Well, this is what I signed for...

No comments: