Saturday, April 22, 2006

PMS...

PMS - Premenstrual Syndrome
MB - Monthly Bwisita
RMS - Regina Pulares Syndrome

The last 2 were from my bestfriend back in the province.

According to the US Department of Health and Services (http://www.4woman.gov/faq/pms.htm) - "Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is a group of symptoms related to the menstrual cycle. PMS symptoms occur in the week or two weeks before your period (menstruation or monthly bleeding). The symptoms usually go away after your period starts. PMS may interfere with your normal activities at home, school, or work. Menopause, when monthly periods stop, brings an end to PMS.

The causes of PMS are not yet clear. Some women may be more sensitive than others to changing hormone levels during the menstrual cycle. Stress does not seem to cause PMS, but may make it worse. PMS can affect menstruating women of any age.


PMS often includes both physical and emotional symptoms. Diagnosis of PMS is usually based on your symptoms, when they occur, and how much they affect your life.
"

Whatever you call it, it's an event that a married husband can never hide. It was like the Tsunami last year, running away was futile! The survivors simply hanged on to anything, hoping that they would survive. Some did, some didn't.....

I am not married yet, not yet. Nevertheless, I have seen this several times with my fiancee. If I wasn't aware of this syndrome, we would always end up in a fight. But since I am aware (she would admit after giving me a hard time), I just ignore the symptoms and hold on to my precious patience. Somebody has to give in, especially if you love the person.

Call me a martyr or whatever, but I don't find any reason to pick-up a fight when I am up against biological reason. It's not simply worth it. Instead, I embrace it! I value it! It means life! That's what makes my future partner complete!

No comments: