Sunday, November 08, 2009

One Fine, Sunny Sunday

Today, I decided to buy our plane tickets for December's trip to our hometown. I decided to walk from our place to Robinson's Galleria. I left our place around 825am and found myself near the corner of East Bank (Floodway) Rd. and F. Legazpi bridge 15 minutes after.


Around 40 minutes after I left our place, I felt dehydrated and my legs were screaming like hell! I was near the Ugong Barangay Hall, just infront of the gas station, Flying V. I wanted to get something to drink. There is this sari-sari store just infront of the gas station - it offers the soft, chewy cookies in a 3-cookie pack. I asked for a 12-oz Coke - they don't have it; a 500-ml Coke - they don't have it. What they only have is a Coke Sakto, otherwise, I have to take the 1-L bottle. I thought the old lady was mad, but I realized that Coke released Coke in a smaller bottle calling it the same name. The old lady manning the store offered me 2 bottles of Sakto.

Somebody (a guy behind the lola manning the store) poured the soda to the plastic and put a straw on it. I didn't care if the guy's hands were clean, I just wanted to have that drink and chew my cookies. It was one of those memorable experience with Coke product!!

After staying for 5 minutes, I walked again along Eagle street (I was almost side swiped by a van due to a weird traffic direction on that area). Then, I turned right along C-5 and crossed under the C-5/Ortigas flyover going to the direction of Tiendisitas. It was a bit uphill and decided to take Ortigas Ave. instead of Vargas street.

Walking against the traffic along Ortigas Ave. was just appropriate since it offered shade against the sun; furthermore, the shrubs along the sidewalks help as well.

I arrived in Robinson's Galleria (Ortigas entrance, near Mc Donald's) around 1:45 hours after I left our place. I felt that my knees and ankles were going to fall apart. I went straight to the top floor and change clothes (I can't find the restrooms in the ground floor and I am not familiar with the place).

Afterwards, I was able to sit for 5 minutes in the booking office until my name was called.

Going back to our home? I took the bus and tricycle. My legs couldn't take pounding of another almost 2-hour stroll (if you can call it one).

Did I upload my experience when I walked to Taytay market?

No comments: