Monday, September 10, 2007

Feeling of a new dad...

When I found out that my wife's pregnant, I really didn't want to know what's the baby's sex. For me, it wasn't important if he's a "she" or a "he". I felt that it doesn't matter if she was a boy or a girl; what's important is how the parents will raise her. And I never felt that raising a girl would stop me from making her like my profession or hobbies (I am already planning to reformat our PC to Linux so that she will learn how to use Linux at an early stage).

My friends and family members would tell me that it feels different to see your first born child. I never knew what it was until I saw the baby's head appeared while the rest of her body was squeezed out by the docs.

I was excited! I felt protective (if the docs weren't my wife's friend, I would have asked them to stop pressing my wife's gut)! I didn't want to take her with my because I felt I wasn't ready yet and I could end up hurting her.

I checked her nose if she got mine, luckily she didn't . She looks like her mom, which is just okay. What is important was that she was okay when she got out.

This is definitely a "Mastercard" (there are some things money can't buy) experience! (I told my wife that we should make 4 more (and she was there in the recovery room still sedated but enough for her to understand and shook her head several times)!

1 comment:

tiks said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU!

You're one lucky dad to be able to witness the birth of your baby firsthand.

Now, do you understand a woman's silent strength? Hehehe.

The baby looks like Tin, but the forehead and hair she got from you.She's a goodlooking gal kaya dapat maghanda ka na for suitors beating at your door.

Now might be a good time to watch "dad movies" as well like father of the bride, maybe? Hahaha.