Thursday, August 02, 2007

Preping Up for The Girl

Last week, my wife and I went to the mall to check for baby stuff.

We checked the baby tub, but Kristine was looking for a specific product; she was looking for a baby support so that she doesn't need to carry the baby while putting him on a bath. She was also looking for a specific brand of milk bottles. For the sterilizer, she was also looking for the product that has handle so that we can take it with us anytime. Oh, and there's only one brand that offers that product and it's not cheap. I am estimating that it would cost me around 10k to put up with the necessities.

I wasn't really interested on looking at the colors of the baby clothes that we are planning to buy at first. I felt that shopping for a baby's clothes is just like any shopping activities. But later on, I found the activity enjoyable. And I also want to see my kid on those clothes. And seeing my wife being excited about it, makes me ashamed that I felt differently at first.

Before we left the mall, I am excited to see our own baby girl. And the cost of taking care of her, is part of all of raising a family of my own. Which I find very fulfilling!

1 comment:

tiks said...

what can i say? once the lil ones come out of the mama's womb, u cease becoming the old you. for they now become the center of the universe for the next 20 years or so.

goodluck to you and tin. the parenthood ride ahead is going to be bumpy,but it'll be worth every second.