Friday, August 03, 2007

Changes in Behavior


Two weeks ago, my car wouldn't start. Ordinarily, I would have left the car alone until I find the energy to fix it. However, I needed it for any eventualities since my wife is pregnant (I was right to fix it last weekend).

Initially, I didn't want to fix it. I didn't even plan to bring it to our place (it was left in the garage in Paranaque). But one time, I picked up my wife from the hotel and we had a hard time getting a cab going home. So I took the car from the family house and drove it to my current abode in Fairview. And a day after, I wanted to bring my wife to the hospital, it wouldn't start. The battery was dead (luckily it wasn't the starter). So I bought a battery replacement.

Afterwards, I decided to fix the flush of the toilet bowl. It has been a couple of months since it broke down. And (stupidly late) I realized that my wife had been lifting the water pail just to flush the toilet. I actually felt ashamed when I realized it. In the end, I was able to fix it.

I was really proud of myself after fixing it. I know it was a small feat for most; but when I was single, I wouldn't even care until somebody would scold me or until it's unbearable.

Now, I am more sensitive about my wife's situation. When she woke me up around 5am because she thought there was something wrong, I just changed my clothes and brought her to the hospital. Sometimes she is unreasonable, and when this happens, I knew logic won't work and simply treat her the way she expects me to treat her.

But I love it!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice to see you MM. Thanks for the link.

tito Ron

Unknown said...

Nice to see you MM. Thanks for the link.

tito Ron